Sunday, September 30, 2012

Steps

God has each of us walking down a different path.  One might be easy to tread, while others have a path of much more difficulty.  If we keep God at the end of the path, there will be times that we can’t see His light.  I feel like the true way to journey is with God right with us, walking each step.  As Christians, we have the assurance that “He will never leave us…”.  My relationship with God is exactly that-a relationship.  He is my Guider.  My provider.  My sustainer.  My strength.  When I realize that my every breath is from Him, my steps are sure.  Now, I didn’t say easy, I said sure.

Our family has been walking down a path this year that we have never been on before.  All this is new.  And we are about to take some steps this next week that I don’t want to take.  We are sending a child off to high school, and another to Junior high…one to middle school, and another to elementary (no more half day Kindergarten-he is full days now.)

I know that each one of them has a relationship, their own relationship, with God.  And I know that they will not be alone.  God will be with each of their steps.  These are amazing opportunities to hold a little tighter to His hand, to speak His Name in times of nervousness, and to boldly shine His light in a school that desperately needs His love.

Please pray for them.  Pray for me as I let them go.

Rachel

image003

No comments: