Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Yahoo!

I had a really cool God experience today, and I couldn’t wait to tell you about it.  On Saturday I misplaced my wallet.  I wasn’t sure exactly where or when I had lost it so we have been retracing my steps:  the library, the Laundromat…all around the house.  Well, we couldn’t find it.  As a family we just kept praying about it and looking. 

Today, Monday, Garth said he was going to call and cancel my credit card, and we talked about how I would need to get a new license.  But I asked him to wait another day, and he agreed.  Tonight, I was reading a magazine on the couch when the doorbell rang.  It was a police officer.  He said that a lady at the gas station found my wallet and saw inside that it had my name, Rachel Erickson, in it.  The police officer “happened” to be at the gas station as well and she asked him if he knew me since his name was also Erickson.  He said he didn’t know me but would use the address on my card to find me and return the wallet!

How cool is that?  Coincidence?  No way!!  That whole incident was God-driven.  I am so very thankful!  What a fantastic picture of how God cares about the little things as well as the big.  I told the police officer that he was an answer to my prayers.

Yahoo!  God is good!!

Love you

Rachel

 

No comments: