Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day Four and Five

We had a great drive to Vancouver for church.  It was so nice to see the people there.  Two college kids that used to be at our school in Papua were there.  The service ended at 1 ish and these boys wanted to cook us lunch, so we went on over to their place.  It was fun getting caught up on their lives.  Then we all went on a scenic drive to visit some of the local waterfalls.  After that we split up and went on towards Salem, Oregon.  Garth got a great deal on a hotel room at Comfort Inn.  The chlorine level was too high in the pool and Cale and Wyatt got a rash.  Other than that, the rooms were perfect and we got caught up on some sleep.  After a nice breakfast we set off for Crescent City, OR.  It would be about a 7 hour trip.  What a unbelievable view!!!!!!  We took 101 down the coast, along the Pacific Ocean.  All I can say is WOW!  The way the sun was glistening off the water, the huge rocks out in the water, the way the waves just goes on and on…breathtaking.  Much to Sophie’s dismay, on one of the beaches we walked on, there was a dead seal on the sand.  She is such an animal lover, and the sight of that really darkened her mood.

It was so awesome to think that somewhere at the end of that ocean is Indo.  The view brought tears to my eyes.  I will miss the beaches in Indo.  I know they were dirty, but it was so refreshing for my soul.  Such a serene way to recharge my battery.  I didn’t realize how much I needed it until we got to Indo.  Our last day in Bali Garth and I were walking on the beach and I found a beautiful sand dollar and I made it in to a necklace. I decided to wear it home so that it wouldn’t get broken in my luggage. Well, in the airport in Singapore, Sophie came over to hug me and broke it with her head.  Bummer, right?  Well, today we stopped at a bunch of beaches along the coast and at the last one, guess what I found?  A sand dollar.  How cool is that?  God is so good.

Now, we are driving around checking out hotels and looking for a place to eat for dinner.  The kids keep talking about how fantastic it is that we can enjoy God’s creation.  I am so thankful that we are doing this trip.

Here are some pictures:

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006clip_image007clip_image008clip_image009clip_image010clip_image011clip_image012clip_image013clip_image014clip_image015clip_image016

No comments: