Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Natural Blond

I saw a funny shirt today on an Indonesian woman that said “Natural Blonde.”
If you are eating food, skip this paragraph and read it later. Last night during dinner, Garth noticed that our cat, Gypsy had a cecak (lizard) in her mouth. I went over to pick her up and throw her outside. Well, as soon as I picked her up she bit down and severed the tail, which made me drop her. So there is the tail, on the floor, moving around and the cat ran under the table where we were eating and tried to eat the cecak. The problem was that every time she let go of the cecak, it would run and flop around under the table which was freaking and grossing out all of the girls, for sure. And me and the kids. Disgusting. Our appetites weren’t quite the same after watching that.
Some of our boys are involved in a community basketball league against other Indonesian teams. So far the team is undefeated in their tournament and if they win tonight then there will be a big final game in Jayapura. Yesterday they had to wait 4 hours because the Indonesians don’t think ahead and didn’t have things set up or gas for the generator so they sat in the dark waiting…UGH. Tonight’s game is supposed to start at 8 in Jayapura ( an hour away) but probably won’t start until at least 9 so that means they won’t be home until at least 12. If tomorrow’s game is earlier I might go with Wyatt.
I was listening to a DVD yesterday and the speaker was talking about the group of scientist, or ecologists, that built a biosphere dome a few years ago. They thought they had everything in it that they would need for 2 years of life. However after a very short while they realized that it wasn’t going to work. They were missing two important things-oxygen and wind. There were trees in there, but without the wind, their roots weren’t going down deep into the ground. Trees need the resistance that wind gives in order to develop good, strong roots. We are the same way. Even though it is easy to gripe and complain during difficult times, we need those times to make us stronger. The speaker in church on Sunday said that, “Affliction is designed to make us seek God harder.” Think how arrogant we would be if we had a life with no problems. I wouldn’t want to live with myself-that is for sure. We already take credit for things that we think we did, when in reality, without God it never would have even been possible. It is funny how when something good happens we pat ourselves on the back and think about how great we are, but when something bad happens we blame God and think it is all His fault.
There is a song that has been in my head the last few days called “All of my Days.” Some of the words go like this:

“And my eyes they look unto You always,
And I am captured by Your majesty,
All of my days I will sing of Your greatness,
All of my days I will speak of Your grace,
All of my days I will tell of Your wondrous love,
Your love in my life, Your love.”

I am so glad I have His love in my life!
Gotta go-
Rachel

No comments: