Friday, September 19, 2008

Crazy me, trivia, and goals

Yesterday I did a crazy thing. I was having a very realistic dream, and in that dream my youngest son Cale, 2, was crying out to me, “Mommy! Mommy!”. Not realizing it was a just a dream, I jumped out of bed and ran into his room, waking him up, at 6:15 a.m. Later in the day, he was laying down on the couch with Emma and she said, “Are you tired, Buddy?” And he said, “Yes, Mommy woke me up this morning.” Unbelievable! We could have slept in for another hour if it weren’t for the crazy voices in my head! Ha Ha. Don’t worry. He took a good nap.
o.k. – I have a little trivia for you. WITHOUT looking on the internet, see how many of these you can get right.
What do you call a group, or bunch, of:
1. Butterflies
2. Elephants
3. Penguins
4. Lions
5. Kangaroos
Walking around Sentani the other day I again saw some interesting T-shirts in “English”. I already told you about the lady wearing jeans that said “Brain Power” on the rear, then, I saw a shirt that said, “Jack and Girl,” one that said, “Raise your hands and give live,” and “Beaches are for cartwheels.” Then I walked into the store and heard “Endless Summer Nights” by Richard Marx being sung in a language that was more like Indonesian English. I haven’t heard that song since High School.
I am really working on my goals. I find it is easier to (1) relax and not get all out of whack the more I do it. So I am trying to keep reminding myself to take a deep breath and cool off. Having more patience, was part of my first goal, and is something I am continually working on, but it seems the more I relax, the more natural it is to be patient. And in the long run that does tend to make me more (2) happy. I also wanted to be more (3) disciplined with my time. I am finding it easier to make the time to spend with my family, and with God, but I am not doing well in balancing out my dorm kid time. I haven’t been spending as much time with them as I should. How are you doing with your goals? Write them out and post them in places that you need them to be to remind you. Some of you have mentioned wanting to lose a few pounds, so post notes to yourself in food locations that tempt you. I have notes by my bathroom mirror where I help the kids get ready for bed, because that is where I tend to be impatient.
Well, I need to go spend some time with Cale.
Love to you all-
Rachel

No comments: