Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thursday

Today is Thursday and we just picked up the last of the dorm kids from the airport this morning. One of the new girls, her name is Sarah, wouldn't get out of the van. She was just sitting in there crying. She is very young and only in Grade 7. Her Mom and Dad are here as well. She told her Mom not to unpack her stuff because she wasn't going to stay. Pray for her as she adjusts and for us that we would be sensitive to what she is going through and how we can help. The other kids are healthy and adjusting well. 
Life is starting to get into a routine again. It takes awhile to get over that feeling of always being behind.  The kitchen is probably my greatest frustration right now. I have been having such trouble with my stove and oven over the last year. Tuesday they decided to take it all apart to "fix it." However, after a day of working, they did not fix it and they broke the oven door. I do have a small oven that I have been using instead but it is so small that most of my pans don't fit. Haha. Life overseas. Oh well. We will survive.
I am including some pictures of some of the kids so you can get to know them.

Hannah

Seun

Daniel S

Daniel D

Morgan

Some crazy kids

Sarah

Yohan

No comments: