Saturday, March 19, 2016

Days 2 and 3

Hello. There has been sickness going through here and it has kept me from writing to you. Sorry. Everyone is on the mend so here I am.
Okay I want to tell you more about my adventure into Danama. Four groups left to hike into their small village and four groups stayed in Ilugwe. Emma's group was one that left. My group and Wyatt's group were among those that stayed. We hiked up the mountain to work on digging trenches and laying pipes to try and get clean water down into the village. We also worked on collecting mud to build a rocket stove in the church kitchen and helped build the gardens.
It is such a blessing to get to know the people and the kids. Their attitudes are so joyful. They compare their life to what it was before they knew Jesus. Now they have hope. HOPE! Real hope. And that gives them joy. So how can they be grumpy, or sad? Jesus is their joy. Everyday. I have so much to learn from them! Here are some pictures:

Some groups getting ready to leave. Do you see Emma?










That's all for now.
Love
Rachel

No comments: