Monday, May 18, 2015

Prayer

So, I was thinking about something the other day while I was playing racquetball with Garth.  Is every return hitable? Like every time he returns a ball to me, is it possible to hit it? Or in basketball, is every shot possible to make from anywhere on the court with enough strength and practice? There are times we are playing racquetball and Garth hits one hard and I don't go for it because I figure that there is no way I can actually get it. But...maybe I can...
I think like that sometimes when it comes to prayer. It is so easy to pray for the easy things, "Lord,help us to have a nice day. Help the kids to do well on their tests, bless this food..." But, do I sometimes think that there are prayers that just aren't "doable", not possible to "hit"? "Lord, bring Your Truth to this nation, take this cancer away from my friend, heal Adalek's legs and help him to walk again, bring conviction to those doing wrong, get rid of my proud heart.." Do I truly with all my heart pray with certainty knowing that God will bring about His great will in each event? Do I pray believing that every prayer can be answered? That NO prayer request is too small!!!!!   DO I believe it? 
Hebrews 4:16 "Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need." James 5:16 says, "When you ask, you must believe and not doubt..." 1 John 5:14 "This is the confidence that we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us."
I need to ask. He is listening. I need to be confident. I serve a BIG God. HE CAN DO IT! Maybe I can't hit every fast ball Garth returns to me, but I can know with certainty God will answer my every prayer.
Rachel

No comments: