Monday, April 27, 2015

Ladies Retreat

Hello. It is now Monday morning and I wanted to take some time and write you about my weekend. I was at a Ladies retreat from Friday - Sunday.  The meetings were held up at the school and the ladies all slept in the library. (When was the last time you camped out in a library? Ha ha.) Great fun!  There was a lady that came from Texas to speak and a church that sent little gifts, and candy for the ladies so we would feel pampered and special. I laughed a lot, and learned a lot. It was a beautiful time of connecting.
Our speaker talked about ways to measure your spiritual growth. These are some questions to ask:
Has my passion for learning about God grown in the last 6 months?
Am I less critical?
Am I able to hold my tongue?
Do I have more self-control?
Is my love more noticeable?
Am I having regular devotions?
Am I memorizing verses?
How hard is it for me to find peace?
Am I reaching out to others?
Am I thankful?

She defined growth as this: "When my desire to grow and get closer to God is greater than my desire to stay the same."
She also said, "God is much more interested in my character than my comfort."

I am so thankful that she was willing to come all this way for us!  What a blessing!  There were over 60 ladies there worshipping and ready to hear what God had to say. Thanks for praying. Here is a picture:


1 comment:

bn.whitaker said...

this is a cool post. I like your statemets!