Friday, February 27, 2015

Reflecting

I am still reflecting on all that God's taught me over OE.  I love it when I have the opportunity to get away from my normal routine and focus on something else. In this case it was serving others.  I keep feeling over and over again how truly blessed I am.  He hasn't just sprinkled my head with a few random blessings. No, I have been bathed in blessings. I have so much. My life is so good.  I should be walking around with joy just oozing out of me.  The God who created all the waterfalls I was splashing in, who made all those giant trees that were providing me with shade, who formed all these beautiful people with such amazing eyes, who gave me the ability to hike and sing and serve-that same God of the Universe is living inside of me. He cares about me. My cup overflows.  God really challenged me with my attitude, with not complaining, with seeing the blessing in the trials. I remember a quote I heard when I was in High School - "God did not put me on Earth to see how happy I could make myself." My life is not all about me. It's about HIM. What am I doing today to reflect Him?
The first village we hiked to was very different than the second. We had coloring papers for them with crayons and markers. The kids ran off and stole all of the crayons. We had a game with a ball. They ran off with the ball.  There were a couple little trouble makers just trying to be difficult.  But our second village was so welcoming. They built a bathroom hut for the girls and one for the boys. They shared vegetables from their garden. They sang songs to God from the bottom of their toes on up. They loved Jesus. And we could see it. We could feel it.  I want to be like that.  I want it to be obvious, and pour out of everything I do.
Every day I am reflecting something - What is it today?



1 comment:

joe said...

My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in Indonesia and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The contributors on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joe Pinzone
Casting Producer
P: 212-231-7716
Skype: Joefromnyc