Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dance

So, we are starting to get ready for the troops to return.  This week we did some shopping to try to stock the pantries and closets, getting all the rooms cleaned and beds made, walls washed and curtains cleaned etc. It is quite the job.  We aren't there yet but we are getting closer.  We aren't going to have as many kids to start with as we thought.  Two boys aren't coming until January and one brother and sister will be a day or two late.  
Cale still doesn't have a teacher for his class.  There are several teacher slots open, actually.  Pray about that.  Some teachers are in the States waiting on passports, or visas, so they may be delayed in getting here as well.
In the next few weeks there will be a LOT of people traveling here so please pray for safety.  There are many sicknesses going around the community right now, infections, tropical ulcers, chikungunya, dengue fever, malaria etc.  We all need to be restored to health.  Thankfully, our family is healthy.
I have had a song stuck in my head that I learned when I was a kid.  It is a song where God is singing to us.  It goes, " 'Dance, dance, wherever you may be.  I am the Lord of the Dance,' says He. "And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be, And I'll lead you all in the dance with Me."  I love the picture this creates of God standing there with His hand out ready to take mine so we can dance together.  He is such an awesome, loving God, and I am so very precious to Him.  He is not in Heaven rooting for me to fail, only seeing the worst in me.  He is my Father looking at me with eyes full of love, waiting to take me in His arms and dance with me.  How beautiful is that?

Love,
Rachel


No comments: