Thursday, December 5, 2013

Song

This week has not been easy.  For one thing, our cook has been out sick.  It is amazing how much that disrupts things for me.  Emma has been home sick.  Today Cale wasn't feeling well.  We have a dorm kid that I am taking to the clinic today to get tested for diabetes.  We have two that are really homesick. One of our dorm kids left yesterday to fly to Jakarta with her parents to get a CT scan of her head at a hospital there.   Our new washer is broken...And we are having trouble with Wyatt and his attitude.  I am feeling worn down.  UGH!
Deep breath...C.S.Lewis said "Heaven is the music that we are all born remembering."  I think on days or weeks like this I am longing to hear some of that music.  When I fret and worry and get all worked up it is me choosing to stand in the whirlwind.  What I need to do, is step out of it and let God fill me with His peace.  Get away from the noise of these troubles rattling around inside my head, and turn my ear toward the songs of Heaven.  James 1 was my reading for today.  Such good stuff. Trials, joy, perseverance...This world, these problems-none of this will last. 
I need those reminders.  And another deep breath...Ahhhh.  Thanks for praying.  Thanks for listening.  

Love you

No comments: