Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A good case of the crazies!

I have come to realize that much of the mechanics of effectively running this hostel has to do with having a great memory and staying organized.  Thank you Lord for gifting me with the ability to do both well.  It would be disastrous otherwise.  Especially on the weekends.  So, if I were to give you a little peak into my brain this is what you would see this weekend:  Fri. there is a lady coming over to show me how to fix Gloria's dress then I have 30 minutes to get ready to sub for grade 6.  After school we have 6 soccer games to watch and cheer for. Then Sophie has a sleepover at Maya's and Emma has three friends spending the night.  Natasha needs help getting her dress to fit cuz now the zipper won't go up.  Sleep...turn off the brain...up making waffles for everyone.  Wyatt and Creston are leaving for the beach at 8 and need lunches, middle schoolers all have to be at the pool at 10. Remind Victoria to take her last malaria treatment. Garth needs to show the boys how to tie their ties, help girls with their nails, brunch, three kids are leaving for Jayapura at 12:30 and need lunches, Wyatt needs to be picked up at 4, High schoolers need to be ready for the High school Black-N-White Party by 7, last minute help with dresses, take pictures, and they are off...Sunday, church and figure out something to make for 17 for lunch...nap...coach Sunday night soccer for the little kids and get ready for Monday.
Haha.  CRAZY!!!!  Some days I feel like you can hear the inside of my head screaming.  
This is one of those crazy weekends where there is just a lot going on.  I have to laugh!  In between all the busyness, are moments of fun.  Don't get me wrong.  I am sure this sounds like complaining but I meant it so you could understand the "life of a dorm parent."  There was one missionary man that came over a few weeks ago and sat down with Garth and said, "This job must be so easy."  
Yeah, well.  Some days are easier than others.  But, we know that this is where we are supposed to be.  I certainly don't want a life with no moments of stretching, because during the stretching I remember to lean on Him for strength.
I know you are all praying for us.  Keep doing it.  Pray that we would find joy in the everyday routine, and find ways to bless the kids who are under our care.  We have been nice and healthy- YEAH!  Keep praying about that as well.

okay.  Here are some pictures of our beautiful kids:




No comments: