Wednesday, November 14, 2012

GOD


Garth and I are back from our week of meetings.  It was a fantastic time of training, and togetherness.  I am thankful for the chance to sit under so many and glean from their wisdom while together we searched the Word.  We focused on  how to better minister to people where they are at, how to hear their story, and how to process things through.  We so quickly want to "fix" before we even hear the whole story, but that is not always the best option.  
It felt incredible strange to travel without the kids.  They were so jealous!  We have come to realize that there certainly is a love of travel in all of us now.  We are always antsy to go somewhere!
My parents did an amazing job watching the kids while we were gone.  Thanks Mom and Dad!
The training was in Florida!!!  It was stupendous to feel the sun, but it was so much colder there than I thought.  One night some of the locals came in and prepared a low country boil for us.  That was a first!   I also found a horseshoe crab on the beach.  Garth would NOT let me bring it home!  ( I just wanted to show the kids!)
While we were driving one day we noticed an airplane in the sky writing something.  G-O-D.  I was so excited to see the word God in the sky.  A few moments later I noticed it was still writing...L-O-V-E-S.  WOW!  How cool is that?  I figured it would write Y-O-U next.  So I watched in anticipation as we were driving farther from it.  However, my exuberant smile quickly went away when I noticed it was starting to spell B-A-R...that was all I could see as we drove away.  I can only assume that since it was the day before election that the rest of the words were probably for someone's political preference.   I was bummed!  What an opportunity lost.  I wanted an eraser to take it back to when it just said GOD across that glorious blue sky,  That one word speaks volumes, doesn't it?  God is enough.  That was one of the things we studied this week.  When will I get to the place where I realize that God is enough?  His name written on my heart is enough.  His love demonstrated on the cross is enough.  My exhausted efforts to try to fill my voids, and fix my problems are completely unnecessary because God, my God, is completely
enough for me.
Inline image 1Inline image 2Inline image 3Inline image 4Inline image 7Inline image 8
Share

No comments: