Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mary

Those crazy, screaming kids you hear outside laughing and thoroughly enjoying the snow, are probably mine!  Emma prayed and prayed last night for snow, and this morning was blown over at God’s answer!  So after they snarfed down their breakfast they bundled up and ran outside.  Emma says to me, “Mom, do the snow pants go on over your clothes or what?”  Wouldn’t do much good under your clothes, now would it?  They are having so much fun!

clip_image001clip_image002

We are getting ready to have a Christmas here today with about 29 or 30 coming over.  We love being able to host and there are some coming that we haven’t seen yet since we came back.  So we are excited.

I just wanted to share about something I was reading about the other day.  I was reading in Luke 1 verses 29-38 where the angel came to Mary to tell her that she would be pregnant with the Son of God.  Now, that would be amazing!  One minute you are scrubbing floors and the next there is an angel standing in your kitchen.  Mary wants to know how this can be?  The angel talks about how the Holy Spirit will come upon her, and how nothing is impossible with God.  I would imagine that news like that would take some time to sink in.  But just like that the Bible says Mary replied, “I am the Lord’s servant.  May it be to me as you have said.”  And then the angel left her.

That would be a quiet moment.  Sitting there pondering what had just happened all alone.  Thinking things like:  Who is going to believe what kind of a morning I had?  How is the Holy Spirit going to come upon me?  When?   Will I feel different?  Oh, my!  What is Joseph going to think?  Me?  Carry the Son of God? 

Who do you think she told first?  If it was her Mother, I could imagine the Mother feeling her forehead to make sure she was well.  Or Joseph secretly thinking in the back of his head that maybe Mary was lying.  Or her Father thinking that he needed to protect her from getting stoned or ridiculed by others once she starts to show that she is pregnant.  Mary was an amazing girl to have such a heart for God.  It was not an easy task that she took.  But look how God blessed her. I want to be a woman with a heart like Mary.

You have to take a look at this clip:

http://youtu.be/kWq60oyrHVQ

No comments: