Monday, December 5, 2011

Just a glass a day

So the other day I was talking to a German chemist.  He was telling me about the best anti-malaria, anti-dengue, anti-mosquito bite medicine known to man…Jack Daniels.  He said that if I would have drank a glass or two of that diluted every day I would never had gotten a mosquito bite the entire time in Indonesia.  Funny, huh?  That was one thing I never tried!  Boy, missions in our area would have been quite different if all the missionaries had taken that advice.

Our systems here in America are trying hard not to get every cough, cold and virus that is going around, but so far we haven’t been that successful.  Wyatt stayed home from school on Friday, and now Cale is sick with a fever.  It is up to 104-not sure why.  All these new germs that we haven’t seen for four years.  You don’t see that many colds in Indo, or chicken pox for that matter.

I read an interesting quote today.  It is written from the stand point of a child.  This is what it said:  “I wouldn't mind being grownup if I didn't have to get up & be grumpy right away every morning.”  It is funny, but for many, it is exactly true.  What about me?  How do I come across to my kids.  How do I come across to their teachers?  And the other people that I bump into when I am tired, or feeling grumpy?  I feel like I am always in the process of finding new things that I need to work on.  But it is a good practice, because I don’t want to be the kind of person that sits in the audience listening to the preacher thinking that the message is for those around me and not for me.

Your humor for the day:  I have to share this picture of Garth that we came across.  Guess which one is him?

clip_image001

Love you

Rachel

No comments: