Friday, July 24, 2009

Watch the Water!

We have been having problems with our internet so I am going to type fast because we have it right now. Since I last talked to you Garth and I have celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. Many of you were at our wedding. It was July 8th at Calvary. Remember? We had all that Patriotic stuff up because it was around the time of the concert and we weren’t allowed to take it down…Remember? Well, our anniversary was a quite a bit different this year. Last year we were home and my sister and her husband gave us a few nights at a great spa and it was so heavenly. (Thanks Carlena and Donald.) We loved it! Yesterday we had a bonfire here with the kids and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows-thanks to my Mom and Dad sending them in the mail. (The marshmallows not the hot dogs). Ha ha.
We had picnic lunch in the pondok with a swing. Good old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Wyatt has been having a taste for Apple Pie. So I thought that today would be a good day to work on that. We had some nice tunes going and a job for everyone-peeling, cutting, mixing even Cale was helping out. I must say it was quite yummy.
We have been having fun playing games-like Moose in the House, and we showed the kids how to play Pictionary-that is fun playing with Sophie. She draws so many little details, you really have to wait until the whole drawing is done to figure out the picture. I almost flooded out all of the kittens today. I put the hose in the washer out in our gudang (storage area) to fill it up and then ran in to check on my apple pie and got distracted. By the time Emma went out and found it, there was so much water on the ground, Garth had to push it all out with a big squeegee. What a mess! I am so lucky I didn’t wash all of the kittens out the door. The kids would not have been happy about that!
Well, I need to go.
Love you all
Rachel

No comments: