Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh Man!

A strange thing happened today. We drove to the store with Sophie on the motorcycle and as we were walking into the store I looked at Sophie’s helmet on the bike and said to Garth, “You know, someone could steal Sophie’s helmet.” We all had our helmets on the bike just like we always do, but I was thinking about Sophie’s because it was a nice American helmet. Well, we came out and the helmet was still there and I didn’t think much of it. Well, later, Sophie was getting cabin fever (she has been home from school this week because she has pink eye), so she asked Garth if they could go on a motorcycle ride. So off they went. They drove out to the cross, (you have seen many pictures of the cross-it is beautiful and way out in the middle of nowhere). They got out there and walked around. Later when they went back to the bike, Sophie’s helmet was gone. Garth’s was still there but Sophie’s was not. So now I am on the lookout. It is quite a distinctive helmet from the Indonesian ones you see around here. It is pink and white with cats on it. If I see it, I am going flag them down and get it back. That ought to be a funny sight!
The last two days I have been keeping myself busy painting a mural on Cale’s bedroom wall. He really needed something to help make his room better. The place he is sleeping is really a closet that we have turned into a room. We were using it for storage and for him and I felt bad that his place was not really his. I asked him what he wanted and he said animals so I just did a Noah’s Ark theme. He loves it. I “hid” 6 ladybugs in my painting that he had to find and he thought that was pretty cool too. I am glad it is done and that it turned out ok. The paint choices here are not that varied so I kind of had to use whatever I could get. Now the girls want me to do one in their room. We will see.
Garth downloaded the podcast of the Inauguration so I am off to watch that. I am sure you have all already seen it. I heard about the blunders in the swearing in. Garth was telling our kids about how the president-to-be will put his hand on the Bible for the swearing in, and Sophie asked if they really use swear words or not. Ha ha. I am always a day late on the news here since we don’t have TV. Oh well. Better late than never, right?
Love you all-
Rachel

No comments: