Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Great Adventure!

I am writing to you today from the sunny tropics of the island of Biak!!!! One of the dorm kids’ parents surprised us with a trip. They came and whisked us off quite quickly. It was a spur of the moment thing. There was room on an extra MAF flight and they asked if we would want to go. Of course we said YES! So now we are here! It is beautiful! So, while you were sleeping we were enjoying all that we could. YesterdAy we all went parasailing, even Cale. They let him sit on my lap so we were able to go together. No one got sick, so that is a good thing. Garth decided to try bungee jumPing. Wyatt wanted to too, but I said “NO!”. Garth bungee jumped over the water, so when he came down he was head first upside down right into the pool. You have to see the pictuRes. We went to a local restaurant for dinner and they brought us an appetizer of fried monkey. I must say----IT DOES NOT taste like chicken!
The hotel has a really nice salon, so Garth suggested that I go and get my hair done. I decided to be a little daring and got a cute bob cut and had it dyed a pretty nice brunette color. My Mom and sister would freak. I have had the same hair style forever. I have always wondered about how I would Look with something different, now I know. It will take some getting used to. I suggested that Garth go and get his hair cut, but he refused. It is amazing being here. ALmost surreal to be away from everything and relaxing like this as a family. How fun!! This is such a treat! We are going to go swimming in a waterfall lagoon tomorrow, and Garth is thinking of renting a horse cart to take us to a kangaroo Farm.
The girls wanted to get their hair braided into corn rOws, and I said they could. Wyatt was asking if he could too, so now they all have their hair in hundreds of braids. I will send a picture of it tomorrow. It is surprising how long something like that takes, but they sat really well for it. Depending how brave we feel we might decide to do one of the other “touristy” things they are offering. There is a bat cave full of thOusands of bats. I know it sounds freaky, but it is supposed to be spectacular, or we have the option of going interior to one of the villages and live in one of the empty huts for a night or two. I will let you know where our adventure takes us.
Love to all-See you soon
Enjoy your day-Rachel

No comments: