Friday, October 2, 2015

Goodness

So much goodness happening all around us!  God is so amazing. I need to tell you about some of it. Number One big and awesome thing is that WE GOT A VAN!!!!  It is so super terrific! Now we can travel all together as a dorm. Before this we had a van that fit 11. We are 18 when everyone is here, so that was a bit tricky. We also got another motorcycle. This one is smaller and I can drive it. That has been loads of fun!
Emma's finger is healed from the stitches, and she is back to playing volleyball. Sophie's Indonesian soccer team is in a tournament, and doing well.
We had our first dorm outing last weekend and went to the beach. That was a treat.
Also, the kids are settling in and adjusting better. Still a bit of school struggles, and homesickness, but that is to be expected.
Another big praise is my Bible study group. I love all the things God is teaching me through this time and this group of ladies. Last session we read the book UNGLUED. Amazing. The book dealt with how you handle those moments when you feel like losing it. Now we are reading HE RESTORES MY SOUL-A 40 day Journey toward personal renewal. Right now we are talking about brokenness. Brokenness is when I realize there is nothing left to reach for but God. What does it look like when I am totally committed to do everything in His strength?
There is a great picture of this in the book. If you have a glove lying on the table and want it to go pick up a book, it will not be able to do it. It can do nothing on its own. But when you fill the glove with your hand the glove is transformed into the image of your hand. The focus is on the hand doing things not the glove. The glove is only strong when it yields itself to the hand. So we are to be the glove and let God be the hand.
Anyways, these are just a few of the things I have been pondering lately.  It is so exciting to change and grow. I certainly never want to just stay where I am. God has so much more in store for me.
Thanks for your prayers.
Love
Rachel


No comments: