Monday, September 12, 2011

School came…

Wouldn’t it be great if every day was like today was outside?  It was beautiful!  I am happy to report that we spent most of it outside.  I love that.

Even though I tried to stop it, the first day of school did come.  The kids were full of trepidation, but they made it through.  I think it is harder on me than them.  This is the first time I have four kids in school.  Cale will be in half-day Kindergarten, Sophie grade 4, Emma Grade 6, Wyatt Grade 8.  It will be a much different year than we are used to, but with lots and lots of prayers I am hoping that it can be very rewarding and remarkable.

We are working on our American culture-

Cale started to take his shoes off at his locker until I told him that he needs to keep his shoes on here.  The classes all do the Pledge and of course he doesn’t know it.  (Have to work on that.)  At the demolition derby at the fair when they played the National Anthem he looked at me as I was singing along and said, “Mom, you know this song?”

In Indonesia the kids walked home every day for lunch.  We always had a big, hot meal at noon.  Here, we are trying to figure out what the kids can pack for their lunch.  Emma just wants to have rice and beans.  We hardly ever had sandwiches for lunch in Indo.  Wyatt especially doesn’t want an American lunch of peanut butter and jelly.  So we are trying to be very creative.

We are all having a hard time with the colder weather.  They keep asking for a fire in the fireplace.  And no one wants to shower because it is freezing cold when they get out.  We have got to get some long pants one of these days.  Can’t wear shorts forever.

Here are some pictures:

clip_image001[4]clip_image002[4]clip_image003[4]clip_image004[4]clip_image005

No comments: