Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hello in there - July 12, 2008

Do  you all remember me?  SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry it has been ages since I have written you.  My apologies.  I can’t blame it on the crazy Indonesian internet either.  Ha Ha.  Right now as I write we are sitting in Maumee, Ohio on our way to New York for a family reunion with Garth’s side of the family.  We have been trying to do it every year and are excited about seeing them all again.  We will be there all week long and I am sure you will see pictures.

This past 2 weeks have been difficult for me.  I was really sick with a cold and thought I could kick it so I waited and didn’t go to the doctor.  However after 6 days of a fever and not getting any better I finally went to the doctor and found out I had pneumonia, an ear infection and a sinus infection.  If you’re going to get it you might as well get it good!  I am much better now, but it is still hanging on.  Hopefully every day will be an improvement.

Let me tell you what we’ve done lately.  We had our presentation at church and that went real well.  We have my Aunt and Uncle from North Carolina visit, we went to Milwaukee and saw Garth’s sister and husband and 2 girls, my parents took the kids to the waterpark, many trips to our local parks and libraries (we have to get caught up on all the books that were written while we were in Indo), lunch dates and kid dates, and soceer games, more doctors appointments, a Brewer’s game (of course, because they were playing the Orioles, Garth’s favorite team), and we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.

My sister and her husband gave us a getaway to Sundara Spa up in the Wisconsin Dells.  So we went on Monday and I was concerned at first because I had been so sick and I thought it wouldn’t be the best time to go away, but it was exactly what I needed.  Sleeping in, relaxing by the pool, being pampered…who doesn’t need that when they are recovering.  IT WAS FANTASTIC!  What a wonderful gift that was along with the gift my parents gave us by watching the kids for us.  I am supremely blessed!

Thank you all for caring about us.

Have a great week.

Love

Rachel

Funny thing about Emma-she told me today she would rather do karate than chores.

No comments: